Current Job Postings
LIFEGUARD/INSTRUCTOR II - REGULAR PART-TIME (Internal Posting)
Under the supervision of the Aquatic Coordinator, performs a variety of duties related to aquatic programming and pool operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides support for pool operations and programming:
- patrols the pool area observing public and the general area for unsafe activities, hazards and needs for assistance
- monitors public behaviour
- provides equipment to public
- sets up pool for user groups
- monitors operation of program and mechanical equipment
- cleans the pool, deck and adjacent facilities
- shift supervisor in absence of Aquatic Coordinator
- assists Aquatic Coordinator with special events
2. Teaches a variety of programs:
- instructs patrons across a broad range of capabilities and ages in basic to advanced water skills
- provides orientation and indoctrination to new staff
FORMAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Canadian Red Cross Aquaquest and Water Safety Instructor
- Life Saving Instructor and Aquatic Emergency Certificate
- National Lifeguard Service Award, Pool Option
- Basic Rescuer CPR
- Communication skills sufficient to deal with fellow workers, the public and maintain good public relations
SHIFT AND HOURS OF WORK: Minimum 20 hours per week but less than 40 hours per week, scheduled as per Collective Agreement for Recreation employees. Afternoon, evening and weekend shifts required.
WAGE RATE: Schedule B - Group 7 - $33.74 per hour
Closing Date: September 11, 2015 4:30 p.m.
COMMUNITY GRANT WRITER
Under the supervision of the Director of Leisure Services the Grant Writer will research and write applications for potential grant or low interest loan opportunities related to existing or future projects, services or purchase of assets for the District of Kitimat, community groups and non-profit organizations in Kitimat. The successful applicant will have previous grant writing experience, knowledge/experience in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook. They will be able to demonstrate time management skills, work on multiple projects at one time and the ability to work with deadlines. Good communication skills are a must as the candidate will have to work with a variety of Municipal departments, community groups and non-profit organizations. The successful candidate must have a minimum of a class 5 drivers’ licence.
This contract position will pay $25.00 per contact hour. Submit detailed resume, including references, by September 15th, 2015 to Personnel, District of Kitimat, 270 City Centre, Kitimat, BC, V8C 2H7, Phone (250) 632-8900, Fax (250) 632-4995, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Community information can be obtained from our website at www.kitimat.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Kitimat RCMP has vacancies for independent individuals able to manage flexible work hours to fill the position of Guard at the detachment. This position is casual, on-call, as needed, anytime during the day or night including weekends. The rate of pay is $20.00 per hour.
The Guard position primarily involves maintaining the safety, security and dignity of the prisoners in the care of the RCMP.
We are looking for individuals who have or are willing to obtain:
- First Aid and CPR certification
- RCMP Enhanced Reliability Clearance
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals please submit your resume to:
Kitimat RCMP, 888 Lahakas Boulevard, BC, V8C 2H9, Fax (250) 632-2326
All qualified applicants will be considered.Go to Top