Municipal works in Kitimat are administered by Engineering Services and delivered by the Public Works department. The department employs over thirty full-time employees. Temporary staff, including summer students and casual employees, are hired to assist with peak workloads.
Public Works operations include:
- Maintenance and replacement of signage, street and traffic lights, roads, walkways, parking lots, bridges and snow clearing.
- Water supply and distribution
- Sewage collection and disposal
- Turf maintenance
- Cemetery operations
- Maintenance of public buildings and grounds
- Residential refuse collection and landfill operations by contract
The District of Kitimat Public Works office/yard is located at 206 Enterprise Avenue. The department can be reached by telephone at (250) 632-8930 or by email at email@example.com.Go to Top