Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre
The pool hosts aquafit, public swims, length swims, private rentals, swim lessons and lifeguard training. Many special events are also held at the pool each year.
- Pool Schedule: *New Saturday and Sunday Pool Hours*
- 2015 Winter Pool Programs
Aquatic Fitness Classes
Swim Lesson Schedule: Red Cross Preschool & Kids
Spring Break Swim Lessons
|FAMILY DAY SWIM
Feb. 9 1:30 - 4pm
POOL CLOSURE DATES
April 3, 6
Spring Break Schedule
- During regular pool hours: All are welcome. Note: water slide and spray park not open unless for a school swim or during fun swims. Lanes available for doing lengths.
- Early Bird Swim (when in effect): To attend this swim you must either have a membership or economy tickets. No cash,debit or credit cards will be accepted. You must present your membership card or punch pass to the lifeguard on duty.
- Aquafit: Open to all, registration or fitness drop-in required.
- Fun Swim: Water slide and spray park open during these hours, please note slide requirements. We will always have at least one lane open for doing lengths.
- Adult Only: Must be over the age of 18 to attend during this time.
- Lazy River: Restricted to walking program with no toys in leisure pool between 9:00 - 11:00 am Monday - Friday
- Water slide requirements: You must be 42 inches (107 cm) tall to use the slide. Weight restriction of 300 lbs (136 kg).
- Children 6 years or less must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years or older in bathing attire, who is within arms reach of the child at all times. Maximum of 3 children per caregiver
Did you know:
Planning a group swim, of 10 or more? Call the pool at 250-632-8955 and ask for Gina. Gina can advise if it is a good time, and help your group get the best experience at the pool!
Keep your belongings safe, bring or rent a lock! Lock rental: $5.00 with $4.00 refund when lock is returned.
Sat and Sun 1:00pm to 4pm and 5:30pm to 9:30pm
|Fees||See Public Admission Fees
Toonie Thursday! Pool admission will be $2.00 every Thursday
(or your subsidized rate, whichever is less)
396 City Centre
Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre
c/o District of Kitimat
270 City Centre
Kitimat BC V8C 2H7
To book a room or rent the pool, call 250-632-8955
View Larger Map
- 25 m six lane pool @ 27.2° (81°F)
- Shallow tank @ 29.4° (85°F)
- Sauna: 50-person capacity
- Hot tub @ 40° (104°F)
- Family, female-only and male-only change rooms
- Water park toys
- Lazy river
- Water slide (minimum height to use slide is 107cm or 42" )
- Kiddies Pool @ 32.7° (91°F)
- Leisure Pool @ 30° (86°F)
- New low-chlorine water distribution system
- Two squash courts
- Racquetball court
- Strength training room
- Meeting Room