Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre
The pool hosts aquafit, public swims, length swims, private rentals, swim lessons and lifeguard training. Many special events are also held at the pool each year.
Dec. 24, 25, 26 & Jan. 1, Tamitik Closed
- Winter Pool Schedule: effective Jan. 5 to Mar. 15 *New Saturday and Sunday Pool Hours*
- 2015 Winter Pool Programs
Aquatic Fitness Classes
Swim Lesson Schedule: Red Cross Preschool & Kids
Spring Break Swim Lessons
POOL CLOSURE DATES
Dec. 24, 25 & 26 -
April 3, 6
Feb. 6, Apr. 24, May 29
1 - 3pm & 6 - 8pm
FAMILY DAY SWIM
Feb. 9 1:30 - 4pm
- During regular pool hours: All are welcome. Note: water slide and spray park not open unless for a school swim or during fun swims. Lanes available for doing lengths.
- Early Bird Swim (when in effect): To attend this swim you must either have a membership or economy tickets. No cash,debit or credit cards will be accepted. You must present your membership card or punch pass to the lifeguard on duty.
- Aquafit: Open to all, registration or fitness drop-in required.
- Fun Swim: Water slide and spray park open during these hours, please note slide requirements. We will always have at least one lane open for doing lengths.
- Adult Only: Must be over the age of 18 to attend during this time.
- Lazy River: Restricted to walking program with no toys in leisure pool between 9:00 - 11:00 am Monday - Friday
- Water slide requirements: You must be 42 inches (107 cm) tall to use the slide. Weight restriction of 300 lbs (136 kg).
- Children 6 years or less must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years or older in bathing attire, who is within arms reach of the child at all times. Maximum of 3 children per caregiver
Did you know:
Planning a group swim, of 10 or more? Call the pool at 250-632-8955 and ask for Gina. Gina can advise if it is a good time, and help your group get the best experience at the pool!
Keep your belongings safe, bring or rent a lock! Lock rental: $5.00 with $4.00 refund when lock is returned.
Sat and Sun 1:00pm to 4pm and 5:30pm to 9:30pm
|Fees||See Public Admission Fees|
Toonie Thursday! Pool admission will be $2.00 every Thursday
(or your subsidized rate, whichever is less)
396 City Centre
Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre
c/o District of Kitimat
270 City Centre
Kitimat BC V8C 2H7
To book a room or rent the pool, call 250-632-8955
View Larger Map
- 25 m six lane pool @ 27.2° (81°F)
- Shallow tank @ 29.4° (85°F)
- Sauna: 50-person capacity
- Hot tub @ 40° (104°F)
- Family, female-only and male-only change rooms
- Water park toys
- Lazy river
- Water slide (minimum height to use slide is 107cm or 42" )
- Kiddies Pool @ 32.7° (91°F)
- Leisure Pool @ 30° (86°F)
- New low-chlorine water distribution system
- Two squash courts
- Racquetball court
- Strength training room
- Meeting Room
Go to Top