Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre
The pool hosts aquafit, public swims, length swims, private rentals, swim lessons and lifeguard training. Many special events are also held at the pool each year. See 360° Virtual Tour
- May Leisure Events Calendar
- Pool Schedule: effective until June 28
- Spring Swim Lessons:
- Set I: April 16 - May 9, 2013
- Set II: May 21 - June 13, 2013
- Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre Programs
- Spring Swim Schedule
- Aquatic Fitness Classes
- Spring Swim Lesson Schedule
- Summer Swim Schedule
- Summer Swim Lesson Schedule
Early Bird Swim
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 6:00 - 9:00 am Until June 28, 2013
Now you can join in on the Early Bird Swim with Early Bird Punch Pass Economy Tickets or Membership purchase.
Did you know? TOONIE THURSDAYS
Swim all day on Thursdays for just $2! Subsidies apply, you pay the lower cost
FUN SWIM TIMES (Water Slide & Spray Park Open)
Saturday and Sunday: 1:30 to 4:00pm and 6:00 to 8:00pm
• Long Weekends: 1:00 - 5:00pm Fun Swims Only (Closed all statutory holidays)
Monday to Friday: 6:00 to 8:00pm
• Swim lessons run from 9:00 to 11:30am and 3:30 to 5:30pm
• During regular pool hours: All are welcome. Note: water slide and spray park are open only during fun swim times and school swims. One or more lanes will be available for doing lengths.
• Aquafit: Open to all, registration or fitness drop-in required.
• Fun Swim: Water slide and spray park open during these hours, please note slide requirements. Will always have at least one lane open for doing lengths.
• Adult Only: Must be over the age of 18 to attend during this time.
• Lazy River: Restricted to walking program with no toys in leisure pool between 9:00 - 11:00 am Monday - Friday
• Water slide requirements: You must be 42 inches (107 cm) tall to use the slide. Weight restriction of 300 lbs (136 kg).
• During the hours of 3:30 - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday there are no lanes available for swimming due to club rentals and swim lessons.
• Children 6 years or less must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years or older in bathing attire, who is within arms reach of the child at all times. Maximum of 3 children per caregiver
• Know your Pool Rules and Reasons
Did you know:
Planning a group swim, of 10 or more? Call the pool at 250-632-8955 and ask for Jo. Jo can advise if it is a good time, and help your group get the best experience at the pool!
Keep your belongings safe, bring or rent a lock! Lock rental: $5.00 with $4.00 refund when lock is returned.
Sat and Sun 1:00pm to 4pm and 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Toonie Thursday! Pool admission will be $2.00 every Thursday (or your subsidized rate, whichever is less)
396 City Centre
Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre
c/o District of Kitimat
270 City Centre
Kitimat BC V8C 2H7
To book a room or rent the pool, call 250-632-8955
View Larger Map
- 25 m six lane pool @ 27° (81°F)
- Shallow tank @ 29° (85°F)
- Sauna: 50-person capacity
- Hot tub @ 36° (104°F)
- Family, female-only and male-only change rooms
- Water park toys
- Lazy river
- Water slide (minimum height to use slide is 107cm or 42" )
- Kiddies Pool @ 34.6° (95°F)
- Leisure Pool @ 28° (88°F)
- New low-chlorine water distribution system
- Two squash courts
- Racquetball court
- Strength training room
- Meeting Room
Go to Top