Posted on Monday, March 16, 2020 06:30 PM
March 16, 2020 – District of Kitimat Council will proceed with Council meetings as scheduled. Due to the risk of COVID-19, and that the Council Chambers is a smaller space, the District of Kitimat will attempt to implement the recommended precautionary social distancing during Council meetings.
The public is advised to please refrain from attending meetings if you;
- Have been in close proximity to anyone who has been/is under quarantine, or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have travelled outside the...
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2020 02:45 PM
March 16, 2020 - Due to risks associated with COVID-19, the hot tub and sauna at the Sam Lindsay Aquatic Centre and both saunas at the Riverlodge Recreation Centre are closed until further notice.
It has been recommended that to maximize social distancing (1-2 metres) and to lessen the transmission of COVID-19, small hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms are to be closed.
The District is adhering to this recommendation. Thank you for your patience during this time.Attachments
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2020 05:15 PM
March 13, 2020 – The District of Kitimat has been taking a proactive approach regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) developments. The District is taking the following measures:
- Cancelling large events
- Communicating with communities, agencies, industry and worker accommodations
- Increasing levels of cleaning
- Reinforcing best hygiene practices
- Adhering to all recommendations from authorities
- Preparing and planning for evolving situations
- Determining operational needs for facilities
The District of Kitimat...
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2020 02:45 PM
March 13, 2020 – It is recommended by health officials at this time for the public to take extra precaution and avoid large gatherings. As a result, the District of Kitimat is taking precautionary prevention measures and will be postponing the following events:
- Annual Spring Craft Fair (April 4)
- Multicultural Festival (March 21)
The District of Kitimat and the Haisla Nation have also jointly...
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2020 11:30 AM
March 12, 2020 – Presently, the risk of COVID-19 in British Columbia is determined to be low. The District of Kitimat has engaged in planning activities to be proactive in minimizing risk, as well as managing and mitigating any potential COVID-19 impacts in our facilities and operations.
The District will continue to closely monitor the situation, engage in proactive prevention measures, as well as liaise with other agencies, organizations, and communities.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please...