Applications Licences and Permits

Affordable and Accessible Housing Fund
The District of Kitimat Council created the XXX reserve fund in XXXX through the District of Kitimat 

Affordable and accessible housing fund
Board of Variance Application
Board of variance application
Building Forms

To view building files for property information, the registered property owner's authorization is required. Please complete an authorization letter and request for access to records form.


Burn Permits

Burn Permits are available Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only.
For more information on Air Curtain Incineration click here.

Business Licence Application
Business Licence Application
Bylaw Enforcement Complaint 
Bylaw enforcement complaint
Community Grants/Sponsorship Program
Community Grants/Sponsorship Program
Delegation Request Form
Delegation request form
Development and Development Variance Application

Development Permit Application

Development Variance Permit Application

Dog Licence
A dog licence is required once your pup is 4 months old. Dog licences are available at the District of Kitimat main office in City Centre Mall.  Dog licence cost is found under Animal Control.
Employment Application
Employment application
Engineering Forms

To view engineering files for property information, the registered property owner's authorization is required. Please complete an authorization letter and request for access to records form.


Fence and Security Fence Permit

Fence Permit Application

Firework Permits
Freedom of Information Request Form
Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Request for Access to Records
Landfill Forms

Landfill Controlled Waste Application Form

Kitimat Landfill Credit Charge Account Application

 Secondary Suite Incentive Program Application - this program is currently under review
 Secondary suite incentive program application
Snowflake Pin Form
Snowflake pin form
Special Event Permit

The following links provide information to help event organizers comply with our Municipal Alcohol Policy* when hosting events on municipal property.

*Our Municipal Alcohol Policy is currently under revision. If you are hosting an event and would like to inquire further please contact the District of Kitimat directly, and we will link to the revised policy once updated.

Contact Riverlodge for further information at 250-632-8970.

Special Occasion Licence Information
Host Responsibilities and Liability
Serving It Right Training
Responsible Alcohol Consumption
Strata Conversion Approval
Strata conversion approval
Subdivision Application
Subdivision application
Traffic Permits
Temporary Sign on Public Property

Temporary sign on public property

Temporary Sign on public property - Elections (including General Local, Federal, Provincial and School Trustee)

Temporary Patio Application

Temporary Patio Application 2023

Need more information before applying? Please see the Temporary Patio Application Guide here

Temporary Use Permit Application
Temporary Use Permit Application
Zoning / Official Community Plan Amendment Application
Zoning / Official Community Plan Amendment Application

Contact Us